Thursday, September 3, 2009

"Take what is given to you and make the best of it."

If I had to create a bumper sticker that modeled my philosophy for life, it would be "take what is given to you and make the best of it."

Life can take some wild turns and nobody can predict what, when, or how it is going to happen. In my life I have found myself happy and content and then suddenly something will go wrong and I'll be upset, regretful, and just want out. Just like all of my peers I don't have the perfect life that everyone strives for everyday. There are kinks here and there and I don't always make the best decisions. This slogan will always help to make the best better and the worst okay enough to live with. Life is like a baseball game, its gonna throw strikes eventually but sometimes you just have to be patient and wait out all of the curve balls and other junk pitches.


When it is a nasty rainy day I think of the nourishment that the plants are receiving to make the next sunny day even more beautiful. When cell service is out of reach, the peace and quiet without my ringtone (Motley Crue) singing every two minutes cheers me up, and when someone close to me hurts me I realize that everyone makes mistakes and I give them a second chance. To some people these things will really get under their skin, but if they look at the bright side of things and accept what happens, they will remain much happier people. It seems that every time I let something bad bother me, something worse happens. When the first bad event gets to me, it seems to open a door for a chain of other bad events to come in. Over the years I have learned to be "chill" with everything and just let whatever happens, happen without getting worked up. This slogan has helped me become a much happier and enjoyable person...hopefully it will help you too.

10 comments:

  1. Hey, David. I really like what you say about learning to become "chill" and to take things as they come. It is definitely the proper way to deal with things you didn't exactly hope for if you want to be happier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a truth that everyone learns eventually. Life is gonna suck, that is a given, but it doesn't need to put you down in the dumps. You need to get up, dust it off, and carry on.

    B.A.H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I def agree with the chill thing. I personally think I am the most laid back girl I have ever met because I dont let things bother me.. this is a reeeally good essay in my opinion. I like it a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good mindset man i def think the same and it makes life alot better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah its all about staying positive,well written and nice choice for the quote

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really have to roll with the punches. I think it's great that you have this positive attitude and realized so early in life what a powerful mantra this is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. same! i deffinately try to follow that slogan. A lot of people ask me why im always happy and smiling. i just think that people put their sorrows on themselves. YES terrible things happen everyday! and of coarse your gonna be down from it once in a while, but you have to keep your head up to stay happy =] who wants to always be sad?? =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great bumper sticker. We all need to not get so uptight with small things. Just relax and go with the flow. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this because you really can't change how things are so you might as well make the best of it.

    ReplyDelete